Personal Insurance


Bacome Insurance Agency is committed to providing our customers in Kings County and Tulare County with the best Auto insurance and Homeowners insurance at the most competitive price. We have offices in Hanford California, Lemoore California and Tulare California.

Personal Lines-Frequently Asked Questions:

Do I need Workers’ Compensation coverage for my gardener or my housekeeper?

No, if they are not working for you full-time and also provide same service to other customers, they are not considered your employee. But, if you have a full-time nanny or housekeeper, check to see if Workers’ Compensation coverage is provided on your Homeowners Policy. You might need to purchase a separate policy so be sure to review with your agent.

Why should I buy insurance if I am only renting?

Renters insurance protects your possessions and helps with living expenses in the event of a natural disaster or catastrophe. What if a pipe bursts or a spark ignites a blaze and you have to temporarily move to a motel and your personal belongings are ruined? What if thieves find the unlocked door and steal your stuff? The homeowner’s policy will not provide coverage for your belongings. Can you afford to replace everything you own?

Is the jewelry I recently inherited recently from my grandmother covered if stolen or lost?

Homeowner policies provide limited coverage for jewelry if stolen and may not cover mysterious disappearance, be sure to check your policy for exact limits. Typically coverage does not exceed $500. In order for your jewelry to be covered for its full value, it must be scheduled and might require an appraisal. The same would be true for any other priceless heirlooms. Be sure to talk to your agent about antiques, artwork, collections, and any other items that would be irreplaceable.

Do I need to buy coverage for my unlicensed ATV’s?

Because some ATV’s are not licensed for the road, you might assume insurance coverage is not needed or required but you might be wrong. There are a couple things to keep in mind:

  • ATVs have a high theft rate
  • Your homeowner’s insurance may not cover your ATV if you ride it off your property or if you trailer your ATV to another location
  • If you use your ATV in a state-owned or public park, ATV insurance is required

Can I get insurance for my wedding or the retirement party we are hosting for my dad?

Weddings and other special celebrations are joyous occasions that require a great deal of time to plan and can stretch one’s financial limits. Special event insurance can protect against the unanticipated, providing way to recoup some of your dollars if:

  • Venue declares bankruptcy and is out of business just before the big day and deposit is lost
  • Attire purchased or rented for the honorees is lost or stolen
  • Alcohol related suits are brought as a result of intoxicated guests
  • Gifts are damaged while on display at the event
  • Photographer’s photos that are lost or damaged
  • Bands or DJs are no show and deposit is lost
  • Spoiled food or damaged cake causes sickness or can’t be served
  • Postponement of event is required due to family illnesses, untimely deaths, and travel delays

Do I need Identity Fraud coverage?

Yes – Identity fraud is the fastest growing white-collar crime in America. No one is immune to identity fraud and the restoration process of your good name, financial and medical history, and credit worthiness can be both time-consuming and expensive.